God made each of us a little different with unique personalities, unique talents, unique backgrounds, and a unique set of skills. As a result we approach our lives, our relationships, and our challenges in unique and different ways.
But in spite of our uniqueness, there is commonality in the way we see the world and communicate with one another. One of the ways these commonalities have been defined is through DiSC profiles. We use DiSC profiles as we train and develop effective teams for our clients. DiSC is an acronym that stands for Dominance, Influence, Steadiness, and Conscientiousness. These four words represent four ways in which people tend to see the world around them and communicate with one another.
- The first type is Dominance. These guys are world-changers. They want to make a difference. They will do whatever it takes to make a situation right. They are willing to pay the price and do whatever it takes to get to the bottom line. They’re very much about the task, very much about getting the job done.
- The second type is Influence. Influencers want to get the job done, they want to turn the world upside down, but they want to do it a little more graciously. They want to work through people. And so they would much rather sit down and have a cup of coffee to sort out the problems than go for the bottom line. After all, if we talk about it enough we will eventually find a solution.
- The third type is Steadiness. These folks are not concerned about changing the world around them, they want to make sure the boat stays right-side up — with as few waves as possible. In order to make that happen, they will do things to inspire the team to work together in order to move things forward as smoothly as possible.
- The fourth type is Conscientiousness. These individuals want to make sure that everything is right. In everything they do, they research, sometimes in infinite detail, to make sure that everything is absolutely correct. These people are great accountants, lawyers, engineers, and architects — professions where exact detail is critical to success.
Here’s what you need to know. Whatever your communication style, Dominance, Influence, Steadiness, or Conscientiousness, you have great value. We recognize that we need you in the Kingdom of God. You see things others cannot. Let’s utilize our gifts to make a difference in the world in which we live.
- Your Brand Is Talking—What Is It Saying? - March 24, 2023
- Teaching, Training, Coaching, and Mentoring - November 18, 2022
- How Much Should You Spend On Marketing? - July 15, 2022