Fulfilling God’s Assignment | Christian Leadership Insights
God has given everyone an assignment! An assignment is a mission or position to which a person is assigned. We each have a position in the Body of Christ and a distinct mission to fulfill… and God has perfectly equipped us to succeed in His assignment. All visionary leaders have to some degree recognized and embraced this charge.
The Calling of Christian Leadership
God places a Word in your spirit … He gives you a revelation. Then as your life surrounds that revelation it comes to life within you. That revelation released into the world through your thoughts, words, and actions is your Godly assignment. This is a hallmark, a cornerstone of inspirational leadership.
- First, you must discover your assignment? Look inside yourself. What do you know God has said to you? What is your passion? What makes you happy? What makes you angry? What excites you? The answers to these questions will help you know the assignment God has placed within you.
- Secondly, to effectively fulfill your assignment you must learn to limit. You cannot read everything — know everything — do everything — and be everything — for everyone! Once you understand your assignment, you must focus wholeheartedly and complete the tasks God has entrusted to you. Church leaders often struggle here because they want to do everything and help everyone, but we need to focus on what our unique assignment is.
- Thirdly, to fulfill God’s assignment, you need to be willing to self-assess. You need to take stock of how well you serve in the position God has placed you. Assess what is right and what is wrong — what works and what does not work.
- Fourthly, you must be willing to change. If you discover something that does not work in your life, you have to change it. If you discover something needs to be done, you need to do it. You must listen to the Spirit of God, and make a change. Effective church leadership always looks to change things and make adjustments to stay focused on their assignment.
- Lastly, you need to be willing to make critical choices. If you do not make the hard decisions, you will never successfully fulfill God’s assignment. The great news is once you make the tough decisions, God fills the void left behind with His grace and provision. His joy and blessing will follow you — when you walk in your Godly assignment. The most fulfilling place for Christian leadership to be is right in the middle of their God given purpose.
God has a spectacular plan for you. You will be amazed at what God will do through you! Discover his assignment, make the right choices and watch your life soar!
Infinity Concepts understands what you need as a Christian Leader. Let us help you deliver your message in the most effective way. Let’s talk today!