Wouldn’t it be great if overnight we could have all the money we need, all the exposure we desire, and worldwide ministry impact? While all of these objectives are certainly possible, it takes time.
The road to success is a process that involves the following sevens steps:
1) Discovery — understanding God’s assignment for your ministry
2) Knowledge — learning the critical steps of action necessary for success
3) Readiness — becoming prepared to fulfill that assignment
4) Implementation — beginning to walk the road of God’s calling
5) Measurement — reviewing each step to maximize effectiveness
6) Adjustment — making necessary changes for improvement
7) Adaptation — responding to changes along the pathway to success
Most ministries want to jump in at Step 4 without the proper discovery, knowledge, and readiness. As a result, they often struggle to find their way to fulfill God’s calling in their lives. Secondly, many ministries neglect measurement, adjustment, and adaptation — only to discover they become less and less effective. Each ministry must examine and adjust their steps to avoid pitfalls along the way.
With each ministry calling comes great responsibility. We must recognize that we are stewards of the resources God has given us. We must commit ourselves to prayerfully overcome ministry challenges and become all that God has called us to be.
Every ministry, of course, comes with its own set of unique challenges. For a media ministry, it could be production, distribution, or response. For churches, it might be local marketing, volunteer development, or even audiovisual issues. For nonprofits and parachurch ministries, perhaps it is fundraising, leadership/staff training, or organizational development. The list for each could really go on and on — but every challenge must be met with wisdom and strategically overcome.
Jesus called His disciples and trained them for three years before releasing them on their own. Do not be afraid to take the time to prepare. Your ministry will be all the more fruitful if you prepare and plan ahead.
- Teaching, Training, Coaching, and Mentoring - November 18, 2022
- How Much Should You Spend On Marketing? - July 15, 2022
- A Better Alternative - March 11, 2022