Wondering how to reach out to your donors this summer when their thoughts are more on vacations, family reunions, and fun in the sun? Try saying thanks.
According to a recent Burk Donor Survey, 45% of donors said it was an outstanding thank you letter that inspired them to give again. 23% said they gave more generously because of the quality of the acknowledgement they received.
While you may say thank you after every gift you receive, why not take the opportunity to be pro-active and thank them when they aren’t expecting it? There are a number of ways you can do this and have some fun at the same time. Here are just a few of those ideas:
- A simple, heartfelt donor appreciation letter letting them know mid-year results of your organization’s fundraising efforts and where you are in terms of reaching your goals.
- Use a well-designed e-mail with images that show your organization “in action.” Let them know that they are, in part, the reason you are out in the field working toward the goals of the organization.
- A mid-year, state-of-the-organization message and thank you from the chairman is a good opportunity to demonstrate board engagement and commitment.
- A fun dimensional item can also tie the season to a word of appreciation. Check with a promotional advertising company and find items like mini-inflatable beach balls that you can imprint with the words Thank You and your logo and flat ship them with a thematic letter.
Note: This is not for every organization. You need to carefully weigh your mission and its seriousness to what you send and how you portray yourselves.
- If you are a small organization with a minimal budget, order some inexpensive note cards and envelopes. A simple hand written note can go a long way to letting a donor know that you appreciate everything they do.
Saying thank you may seem like a no brainer. However, saying it in unexpected and creative ways can build a strong bond with each and every donor.
- Brand Communications Agency Welcomes New Israel-Based Client - July 1, 2021
- When the Media Calls: 10 Things You Need to Know - May 16, 2020
- The Power of Wow! How to Implement Word-of-Mouth Marketing - April 24, 2020