As an organization, it is most likely safe to assume that you invest valuable time, research, and money into creating quality content. Last year almost 90 percent of organizations deemed content marketing as a primary strategy with lead generation and sales closely behind. There’s only one issue. Only 6 percent of organizations find their content marketing actually effective!
With each new content that is published, you hope to both inspire and captivate your audience. However, have you ever feared that your content might not generate traction or fall flat altogether? Shockingly, you just might have a reason to fear after all.
According to a study conducted by the Halverson Group, the average lifespan of a blog post is a month. The highest traction is during the first week with a drastic decline soon after. Often organizations focus on how they can improve their content when the true question is: how do you keep your content alive?
All content, especially social media, have an expiration date. LinkedIn statuses last approximately 24 hours, Tweets an average of 18 minutes, and Facebook even less at an estimated 2 hours. After these time periods, the posts simply fade into the abyss on newsfeeds.
Here are some ways to keep your content evergreen:
- Re-purpose. One of the secrets to longevity is to repurpose content over longer periods of time. You will find that you can create multitudes of unique messages by varying elements such as quotes, hashtags, titles, images, etc. to give it new life.
- Redirect. Wikipedia pages have several links within them that can direct you to several other pages that are related to that specific entity. The same principle applies to blogs. Whenever possible, always reference previous blog posts in your articles and ensure to hyperlink them.
- Re-share. Let your audience promote your content for you. Social icons are one of the subtlest forms of “call-to-actions.” These encourage your readers to share your content to their social feeds. Always add them to the side of your articles so they remain visible when a reader scrolls.
Never let your content become a one-hit wonder! With these simple tips, it will not only live longer, but also continue to provide more value to your organization.
- Brand Communications Agency Welcomes New Israel-Based Client - July 1, 2021
- When the Media Calls: 10 Things You Need to Know - May 16, 2020
- The Power of Wow! How to Implement Word-of-Mouth Marketing - April 24, 2020