Tips to Stay Current in Social Media
You finally have the hang of the newest social media site, then BOOM! In the blink of a Snapchat, something changes. Can you relate? Welcome to the ever changing world of social media! With the internet booming and social media bec
oming the No. 1 advertising source for all types of businesses it is important to know what’s out there. Not only is social media an inexpensive way to get your word out, it is effective (if you know what you are doing).
Feeling like you can’t keep up? Here are some tips:
- Follow the social media guru: Do a quick search of social media influencers and follow them on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Or, create a stream on Twitter with popular hashtags like #socialmediamarketing.
- Set up Google alerts on the social media experts you are following. This way you will receive an alert every time they post updated content about the latest in social media.
- Take full advantage of your downtime: Are you irritated at the long line at Starbucks? Use this time to your advantage. Take out your smartphone and flip through the news. Bookmark some social media news sites which are constantly updated with new and relevant information. Some of my favorites are Mashable, Social Media Examiner, and Tech Crunch.
- Subscribe to newsletters and social media blogs: If you don’t like the idea of searching sites for relevant news, subscribe to newsletters and let the information come directly to your inbox.
- Turn on the radio or listen to podcasts: Do you have a long commute to work? Or, do you hate doing laundry? Pop in some earbuds and catch up on the news. New podcasts come out all the time and are updated with the current trends in innovation.
If you rely on social media for your business (and if you don’t, why not?) keeping up with the latest trends is imperative. You don’t have to spend hours a day learning relevant information. You can do it in 20 minutes or less.