1 Timothy 6:10 says, “For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil,” but when you need money for ministry, it is important. TV is the most expensive outlet nowadays, but there are some ways you can increase your viewership while keeping the costs down, in the Christian realm that is.
- Never underestimate the power of a strong social media presence. It is likely if you have a television ministry that you have a Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube presence. If you do not, run and start one. These are free tools, at your fingertips, to get your message out and to gain followers.
- Research local Christian television networks and stations. Working in Christian media, I can tell you that Christian TV networks are looking for good quality, biblically based programming. I have dealt with many ministries that simply do not have a lot of funds. Reach out to local stations to see if they have any free airtime slots available that could turn into a paid time when your funds start flowing. If you are paying for an airtime slot, ask for bonus airtimes that can help boost your presence. Look for strong lead-ins and lead-outs that could really add value to your program.
- Barter arrangements. This is a huge benefit for a ministry that is trying to raise more money. For any donation you receive from the viewers of the station airing your program, you simply give an agreed upon amount back to the station. Therefore, you are only paying if you are receiving.
- Look into other free networks. There are several networks, some online, that either offer free airtime or low-cost airtime. Forming a relationship with these networks can really boost your funding and your presence.
- Most importantly, make your ministry message and your “ask” strong. Not to burst your bubble, but if your message is not strong and the appeal is not there, there will not be much money coming in. Look into professional organizations or ask a church that has a strong TV ministry for advice.
Infinity Concepts would love to work with your TV program.
Let us use our expertise and experience to provide you the best results.
CLICK HERE or call us today at 724-733-1200.
Latest posts by Liane Palaschak (see all)
- Define Your Processes as Your Business Grows - May 5, 2023
- The Value of Teamwork - February 24, 2023
- Workplace Personalities - December 23, 2022