When was the last time you looked at your cell phone for web browsing, checking Facebook, Tweeting to friend, or texting? It was most likely just a few minutes ago. Texting also known as SMS (Short Message Service) can be a powerful marketing tool for churches and organizations. It allows for quick short messages to be delivered directly to a narrow set of consumers. Think about the impact you could have by texting to your congregation or donors!
SMS is one of the most popular mobile marketing techniques available today based on a narrowcasting concept. Narrowcasting is the spreading of information to a focused target audience instead of a much larger general audience. Narrowcasting, developed to help solve some of the problems of having a small marketing budget, was designed to have manageable startup costs but still offer great results.
Did you know…?
- 97% of mobile messages are opened within 3 minutes!
- 174 million Americans text daily.
- 98% of all texts are opened. Compare that to a less than 20% hit rate of Tweets, Facebook feeds, and emails.
- There are more Americans on texting plans than unique accounts on Google+, Twitter, and Facebook combined.
- People on average look at their phones over 150 times a day.
- Group texting is easy and affordable usually costing less than five cents per text.
Here are some ideas on how you can use texting to share messages at your church:
- Church Events – Notify church members immediately with church events and important announcements.
- Donations – Use text messaging to quickly spread the word about an urgent need.
- Prayer Requests – Interact with your members. Allow your congregation to submit prayer requests by text messaging.
- Daily Bible Verse – Send out automated Bible verses to church members. This can be set to daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Important News – Start a weekly news blast that can include links to photos, video, and online articles to view.
People enjoy being involved and updated. Creating a warm and welcoming community through texting is a low cost option and offers a high potential reward. By taking advantage of new mobile marketing opportunities you will stand out from the crowd! It says that your organization is moving forward and staying ahead. So keep texting…
Let us know if we can help.
- New Study Reveals Evangelicals Are Largely Satisfied withTheir Church (But Would Still Like to See Some Changes) - January 6, 2022
- New Study Reveals Wide Range of Evangelical Opinion About Israel - November 29, 2021
- New Study Reveals Potential Long-term Concerns for Organizations That Depend on Financial Support from Evangelical Protestants - October 28, 2021