It’s that time of year. Summer is in full swing, and so are an abundant amount of VBS posters lining your sidewalks. Perhaps it’s time to re-think marketing for your church’s VBS. It’s 2014. We have the technology; let’s put it to good use!
1) Use Facebook! This may seem like a no-brainer to some but Facebook has over one billion active users! Surely, most of your target audience is using this social media tool in some way. Create an event and invite everyone from your church and community. Then encourage them to invite their friends. The word will spread at lightning speed.
2) Tweet, tweet, tweet! Use twitter to promote VBS. Create a unique hash tag such as #yourchurchVBSrocks and get the word out! Make your tweets interesting. Promote a special event, a guest speaker, a cool theme, even some tips on how to survive volunteering at VBS! Make sure to tweet out the dates and times!
3) Create a separate VBS page or a blog on your church’s website. Keep it simple but make sure to include all the relevant information such as dates and times, how to register, the theme, etc. This is also a good opportunity to advertise for VBS volunteers. We can never have enough of those!
4) Create a teaser video to advertise VBS. This year my church created a short but dynamic video of the upcoming VBS. They used pictures, testimonials, and past event videos to create a cool advertisement for this year’s VBS. They played it on the overhead screens during each service for a few weeks up until the event. Use this video to post on the church Facebook page and website.
5) Use your email list! Create an email campaign with church members or people who have visited the church at one point or another. Send out a series of e-blasts or engaging emails to your list advertising your church’s VBS.
With the help of today’s technology, your VBS attendance will skyrocket!
- The Value of Teamwork - February 24, 2023
- Workplace Personalities - December 23, 2022
- Reaching Generation Z - October 21, 2022