Vying for the attention of your donors, especially new donors, is extremely difficult in a world filled with so much noise and distractions.
Imagine this scenario …
You have developed a compelling campaign, targeted your ads to reach the right people at the right time with your message. You’ve broken through the digital clutter and have your potential donor on your donation page just a few keystrokes and a click away from making a donation.
What could possibly go wrong at this stage? Sadly, this is where organizations often lose the donation.
Overly complicated donation pages and forms present unnecessary points of friction in the giving process that will reduce the conversion rates of your campaigns.
Infinity Concepts works with our clients to simplify the giving process and remove any potential roadblocks.
Here are three tips that will help streamline your organization’s donation forms:
1. Eliminate Unnecessary Form Fields. It’s tempting to try to gather every piece of information possible from a donor, but the longer your donation forms are and the more fields they are required to fill out, the less likely they are to complete their gift. Request donors only provide the information that is necessary to process their gift and provide receipting. Remember less (form fields) equals more (donations).
2. Accept Gifts via Digital Payment Systems such as PayPal, Apple Pay, and Google Wallet. In research conducted with our clients that accept PayPal on their donation forms, 30% of their gifts are made using PayPal. 28% of millennials want to give via a digital payment system (Qgiv). As these digital payment systems become more common in the online shopping experience, donors will expect the same options when giving to a ministry or nonprofit.
3. Improve the Mobile Donation Experience. With half of all nonprofit website visits coming from users on mobile devices (M+R) and 54% of nonprofit emails read on mobile devices (Nonprofits Source), ministries and nonprofits must prioritize the mobile donation experience for users. Implementing the first two tips in this list will go a long way to make it easier for mobile users to donate, however, there are other factors to consider. Ensuring that your donation pages load quickly and that they render well on mobile devices are two additional high-level items that need to be addressed to improve the mobile experience.
Inspiring donors to support your organization is difficult enough. Don’t let your donation form stand in the way of receiving your next gift!
Let Infinity Concepts help you with all your fundraising needs!
CLICK HERE or call us today at 724-733-1200.
- Display Advertising 101: What It Is and When You Should Use It - July 8, 2022
- Instagram Brings Back Chronological Feed Option and More. What Does That Mean for Your Brand? - April 22, 2022
- Three Tips for Improving Your Donation Forms - February 18, 2022