Summer is winding down, but your church’s children’s ministry is most likely ramping up for the next wave of family-friendly functions. Whether you are planning for a back-to-school bash, fall fun festival, or even scheduling out the next calendar year of outreaches, it’s important to have a plan in place for how you will advertise and spread the word about your upcoming event.
Here are a few key budget-friendly tips for maximizing the most of your event marketing:
- Tell your church! This may seem like a no-brainer, but your congregation should be the FIRST to know about your upcoming event. Communicate through church bulletins, video announcements, and even have your pastor or children’s church leader take a few moments to address it from the pulpit or stage. Equip the moms, dads, kids, and members of your church to pass the word to everyone they know!
- Have print materials and collateral on hand to augment the promotion of your event. Flyers, posters, and invite cards detailing the event and how to register will allow you and your church to canvas the community and encourage families to sign up and attend.
- Ask local community groups to give a “plug” about your event at their next meeting. It’s very possible some of your church members are part of a variety of school and civic boards, recreational sports teams, and neighborhood activity groups in the community, many of which love to hear about upcoming social events and may even allow public promotion of your event at little or no cost. Take advantage of the publicity!
- Utilize social media. While word-of-mouth advertising is still one of the most effective forms of dispersing information, the “word-of-mouse” digital component amplifies this proven best practice and takes it to the next level. Building an online presence for your event is key, and Meta platforms like Facebook and Instagram have tools and features for you to generate buzz and engage with users who are most likely to register. Posting regular updates, exciting news, and live video content in your online Facebook event will keep your outreach top of mind and get people talking. Plus, it’s FREE! Take to the online “streets” of social media and create some “chatter” surrounding your event!
- Follow up with attendees, post event. This is a prime opportunity for you to personally thank those families that participated in your outreach and invite them to your NEXT event. Additionally, be sure to encourage them to come back and visit your regular weekend church service or gathering, especially your children’s ministry service. The goal is to grow your church body through your outreach events—seize every moment to invite!
Whether you are planning for 10, 100, 1000, or 10,000 people for your next church outreach event, make sure you and your event committee are prepared to launch a robust promotional campaign to market to the masses!
Let Infinity Concepts help you promote your next KidsMin church outreach event!
CLICK HERE or call us today at 724-733-1200.
- Elevate Your Professional Development to New Heights - January 5, 2024
- Managing Your Tasks and Time (So You Don’t Lose Your Mind!) - October 27, 2023
- Ways to Promote Your Next KidsMin Church Outreach Event - August 18, 2023